[mythtv-users] Myth backend lockup

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:43:04 UTC 2015

Trying to find some ideas of where to start but I have a fairly new myth
installation that has locked up on me a couple of times.  The mythbackend
is running is virtualized in a KVM container running on centos7.  The vm is
running the latest mythbuntu and 27+fixes version.  All of my tuners are HD
homerun tuners, mixture of prime and over the air.

The vm is reachable and I can SSH to it when it has the error and it
appears that mythbackend is the only service that is affected.  I looked
through the mythbackend log file and it had no information after a certain
time and then started back when I restarted the backend.  Once I restart it
everything starts working properly again etc.

Wasn't sure where else to start debugging and looking for clues, something
is not happy and I would like to figure it out and correct the issue if
possible.

Oh and not sure anyone cares but I pretty much only run linux at home so I
can dig into whatever is necessary just not sure where to start with this
one.

Thanks in Advance :)