[mythtv-users] duplicate dvb tuner shows up

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Apr 30 15:01:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015, James Miller wrote:

> shows up twice in Myth frontend? I guess I could go back into mythtv-setup
> and uncheck that option to see whether the duplicate tuner would disappear. I
> may try that later but will probably wait to see whether others weigh in on
> this query.

I decided another, easier test I could conduct to better understand this
issue would be to schedule two simultaneous recordings through that
capture device. I've just now done that and, sure enough, the system is
now recording two separate broadcasts simultaneously. Checking system
status, I see that both tuners 14 and 16 (both of which are tied to the
symlink I created for this USB tuner) are recording. So the capability of
tuning two separate channels simultaneously using this tuner does, in
fact, seem to be the explanation for why it shows up twice in the
frontend. I learned something new and interesting already today!