[mythtv-users] MySQL Guru Deleted Recordings

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Thu Apr 30 01:35:51 UTC 2015

So, using Kodi and the pvr-mythtv addon we successfully deleted all of our
recordings by accidents (using git 0.28).  I managed to save about a weeks
worth or recordings by moving them from the deleted storage group to
default before they all vanished.

We came to terms with the loss, but I noticed the next day that my drive
space hadn't reduced that much.  Although the recordings were not available
in kodi or mythfrontend.  I did find them in mythweb.  I moved them using
that back into the default group.  However, they now show in mythweb, but
not on the frontend.  (Not sure about kodi as I updated everything in the
hope of getting the recordings showing - but the qt5 upgrade and database
schema broke the kodi addon (which I can live with).

Using phpmyadmin, I notice that the recordings which are missing are
showing in the database with the field Delete Pending as 1, if I change
that to 0, then it will show up.

Is there an SQL line that I can use which will change all recordings in the
database, fields delete pending to 0.  Or is there a way that I can change
this using mythweb.  To do it in phpmyadmin will take too long.

Thanks guys.