[mythtv-users] Adding Country to selection when Scanning for Channels

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:23:28 UTC 2015

Hoi Frank,

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Hoi Roger,
>>
>> Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:18:34 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>>
>> > When I am scanning for channels on of the screens let me select a
>> > Country. Two countries are selectable. Germany and UK.
>> > Since I don't live in either of these countries I would like to add my
>> > country to it. (Sweden)
>>
>> > What type of information is needed for the developers be able to add a
>> > new country?

>> I second that! I see more but am missing the Netherlands. I just
>> started playing with my new HD homerun 4DC.
>>

> Hika, see
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/cf82ba4727e4395ac1def118ff0fa1739e8004a4
> and frequencytables.cpp. It's organized by dvbt and dvbc, then country.

If I go to scanning I can choose between
[HDHOMERUN:14101088-0](MPEG2TS) and [HDHOMERUN:14101088-0](MPEG2TS)
;-)
I can select whether to scan for TV and/or radio and encrypted or not
I can select scan type and country.

Now I see. If I select Full scan (tuned) in stead of Full Scan I get
all kind of settings. Likewise with other Scantypes.

Oh and the european homerun 4DC only has DVB-C

This works better. Probably because they are in the middle of a change
over it's a bit confused. Officially they say:
Frequency 474
Network-ID 5555
Modulation 64-QAM
symbolrate 6875

But every frequency except 474 is at a8qam256-6900 as I noted through
the HDhomerun scan. But now I find more and no country to choose.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop