[mythtv-users] Is this database corruption?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Apr 29 03:11:58 UTC 2015

I've noted some oddities in the TV schedule on my newly-installed MythTV
(0.27..20140303-1 Gentoo), and even had a recording fail owing to what I
believe was a schedule glitch. I'm wondering whether my database might
have gotten corrupted somehow. I'm a schedules direct subscriber, by the
way.

Here are some symptoms. First, I see that channel listings can display
programming from other channels. In some previous testing I noted, for
example, that sometimes under channel 4_1 I see programming for channel 41
(that does not seem to be the case at the moment). Another thing I'm
seeing is that a program's title and description do not match. An example
would be a recording currently in the database whose title is "Knit and
Crochet Now!" but whose description reads "Green Paths - Mon, Denmark:
Host Claus Meyer visits the white-cliffed island of Mon, in the south of
Denmark, on a crisp and clear winter day. There, he makes vitamin-packed
juice and cooks codfish on the beach. Recipes: Raw Winter Vegetable Juice;
Roast Leg of Goat with Blue Cheese, Herb Salad, Hazelnuts and Green Kale
Dressing; Steamed Cod Fillet with Fried Cod Roe, Winter Leeks and Apples."
Clearly there is some error here. Finally, over the past weekend I found
in the schedule a program I wanted to record, selected it, and opted for
"record only this showing." Later, when the recording should have been in
progress, I noted the tuner was not active. When I went to check on why it
was not recording, there was a message to the effect that it was not
recording because the program was "not listed." Fortunately it was early
enough in the showing that I could just reschedule it.

Are these indications that the database has gotten corrupted? I tried
already, many times while going through the initial set-up, deleting, then
reconfiguring capture cards and downloading schedule information anew.
Could something have gotten corrupted in that process? This is still a
pretty new installation, by the way. So I would have no problem deleting
the whole MythTV configuration and starting over afresh. Input will be
appreciated.