[mythtv-users] Can't get HD TV channels working

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Apr 28 13:21:24 UTC 2015

On 28/04/15 13:25, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi John,
>
> Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 1:45:04 PM, you wrote:

>> ...and I think it might be worth checking that you really /are/ using
>> the device that you intend to use.  At present a reboot still puts my
>> tuners in quasi-random order and I have to unplug/replug my usb device,
>> perhaps several times, to make sure it's properly initialised.  dmesg |
>> grep adapter can be useful.
>
> Why not use udev to create them consistent? Even if you have two equal
> devices you can distinguish them by pci or usb ID. You then of cause
> have to plug them always in the same port!

Good question.  Because life's too short.  I believe I have my desired
order set up in /etc/modprobe.d/dvb.conf, but it's not working.  With my
current kernel (from SL7) the order does seem consistent, but not in
accord with that and what I have mythtvsetup expecting.  I suspect dvb
isn't much used at the Fermi National (USA) Accelerator Laboratory :-)