[mythtv-users] Strange encoder showed up

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 28 10:53:25 UTC 2015

On 04/28/2015 02:57 AM, George Nassas wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2015, at 10:54 PM, dennis wrote:
>
>> Any idea why this shows up as a capturecard for a non-existant
>> computer? Is it safe to just delete using sql?
>
> No idea about why but yes you can clean things up manually. Besides
> the row in the capturecard table there should be a matching row in the
> inputgroup table based on caputurecard’s cardid equalling
> inputgroups’s cardinputid.
>
> Essentially you’re manually executing queries from the code that
> deletes capture cards which is in:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/cardutil.cpp
>
> specifically, the methods CardUtil::DeleteCard and
> CardUtil::DeleteInput (lines 2084 and 1296).
>
> Alternatively you could use sql to change the capturecard’s hostname
> to match your machine and it should show up in myth-setup where you
> can delete it the usual way.

The best way is to use mythtv-setup to delete the capture card. There's
more to delete than just capturecard and inputgroup rows.

To use mythtv-setup to properly delete the card, you have two options.
The first is to use "Delete all capture cards" (not "Delete all capture
cards on <hostname>" (where <hostname> is the name of the current
host--you don't get to choose other hosts). Then, re-create all your
capture cards and re-connect inputs. Note that because you didn't delete
Video Sources, your channels and everything else remain intact.

Alternatively, just go into mythtv-setup on GOO. Yes, I realize you
don't have a host called GOO on your network, but you don't need one.
Just create a copy of your ~/.mythtv/config.xml with a <LocalHostName>
override set to GOO. Then go into mythtv-setup and delete the one
capture card.

Mike