[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Mon Apr 27 19:43:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> Are the two machines on the same sub-net with the same subnetmask? If
> not could the router connecting the two, block port 80. This is also
> firewall, but a firewall on the backend would probably result in an
> access denied message, while a router firewall blocking the port could
> result in such a long search.

This seems to me a query about whether the router might be doing some
firewalling that prevents the two computers from communicating, correct?
They are on the same subnet and subnet mask. I run servers on a couple
other machines on this LAN: my old MythTV machine, which sits on the shelf
next to the new one, still serves MythWeb on port 80 just fine to other
hosts on this LAN; and I run a wiki on my office computer on an alternate
port, and I can access that page just fine from other machines on my LAN
as well. It's true this is anecdotal evidence, but to my thinking it
significantly decreases the possibility that my router is somehow causing
MythWeb to be inaccessible outside localhost.