[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:08:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>
>  Probably a very dumb question. In the first post her you wrote you
>> tried: http://IP/mythweb. I assume you substituted IP with your
>> backends ip number? Because if not, you get what you describe!
>>

> There's a lot I don't know about administering computers, but I'm fairly
> conversant in basic network set-up and administration. So, yes, IP in my
> example was a valid IP on my LAN--the one I've assigned to the MythTV
> machine (linked its MAC address to a valid IP in the DHCP pool the router
> gives out). I'm pretty certain all is in order on that front.

Can you try Nick's suggestion?  This sounds a lot like some firewall issue
if you are having these issues with two different installations of
different webservers, you can connect locally, and can't even get a test
page remotely (but within the same network).
# iptables -L -n

will show any active iptables firewalling (try on both the client and
the backend to see if packets are being dropped somewhere).