[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 23:26:09 UTC 2015

Hoi James,

Monday, April 27, 2015, 1:22:45 AM, you wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

>> Oh, and what do you get if you just type in the backend ip in your
>> browser? Do you get a page just saying: It works!
>> If so, I guess the problem is somewhere in the mythweb rights. Some
>> part not being accessible from another machine.
>> Also check the logfiles in /var/log/apache2! It might give you a clue.

> If I try just the backend address, without /mythweb on the end, I get the
> same timeout response. No page saying "It works!"--just blank. I've
> checked the logs; if my interpretation of them is sound (it may well not
> be) they don't contain any useful information about what is/isn't
> happening.

So this basically implies the problem is apache and not mythweb.
Because with just an apache installation you should get that basic
page from a small index.html in /var/www/localhost/htdocs.
Do you get that basic page if you connect to localhost on the machine
itself? If so can you post your /etc/conf.d/apache2 and
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven