[mythtv-users] Can't get HD TV channels working

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 10:30:04 UTC 2015

On 23/04/2015 11:05, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 23/04/15 09:36, Damian Surr wrote:
>
>> I'm not a programmer. I looked at those pages and don't even have a clue
>> what I'd do with that information, let alone have any faith that I
>> wouldn't break my entire system.
>>
>> I guess I need to wait until these changes/fixes make it into MythBuntu.
>> Does anyone have any idea how long that might be?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Damian
>
> Pity.  Have you tried vlc?
>
> Media > Open Capture Device > TV - digital > DVB-T2 etc
>
> John
I just tried that. I couldn't get it to work. However, I also couldn't
get the tuners that do work to work with VLC, so I must be doing
something wrong. I'll look into that when I've got a bit of time.

Thanks for the VLC tip John. I didn't know about that. I'm sure there
will be a tutorial online that will help me to get VLC playing the DVB-T
channels, then I can try the DVB-T2 tuner again.

Regards,
Damian