[mythtv-users] New install Hdhomerun Prime Fetch listings Issues

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:05:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Peter Bennett <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
> A homerun prime without a cable card is a QAM tuner. For QAM tuners you need
> to scan for channels, then manually update them with channel numbers and
> xmltv ids, There is no ability to import channels from SD for QAM tuners,
> because there is no way that the channel numbers could be matched to their
> frequencies.

Schedules Direct attempted to collect Cable Channel to Freq/Program
mappings by asking their customers to run a program periodically.
I do not know the uptake, but as most providers have moved to encryption
of everything (and that is the target for many providers, even if they have
not completed it yet), the value shrunk.

With most providers, once one has Cable TV service, the price of a
CableCARD is only a few dollars per month (I pay $1.50/mo, which
is less than a cup of coffee at 7/11), so the mappings it provides are
worth it to most, especially if you already have a Prime.