[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Apr 22 11:31:11 UTC 2015

On 17 April 2015 at 23:14, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How good is commercial detection in .27 fixes?  I'm thinking of
> automatically skipping commercials (currently, I manually fast forward).
> Are there any special setting I need to look out for?
> >
> > If it helps, I'm on Shaw Cable in Canada.
>
> I think it depends on what country you're in. Don't know about Canada, but
> in Australia it's not great. You can search for commercial detection on the
> mailing list and will find a lot of info and things to try.
>
> Hi Phil,

have you tried the Commflag Silence detection?

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection_with_silences

usually I'm getting 95-99% on most Australian channels, Channel 7 results
lately have been alittle off for atleast one kids show I record but all the
others are usually pretty accurate.

There were rummors of this being pulled into the standard commflagging in
master but I dont think thats been done as of yet????

Cheers,

Anthony