[mythtv-users] MariaDB with MythTV using Slackware 14.1...

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 07:52:25 UTC 2015

Being that I've been using Slackware Linux for quite some time.  I wanted to get any input on the new Database Server MariaDB that comes with the new version of Slackware.  It seems to integrate MySQL Support natively into the Database engine and so far I haven't had any problem compiling MythTV using MariaDB Libraries.  As I'm sure with anything, I'm pretty sure its on the "Not Recommended" list of things to use since testing hasn't been done with MariaDB.  But seeing that it's out there and comes with Slackware, I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience using MariaDB with MythTV instead of MySQL?  Any known issues, or patches that I may need to apply to fix any small problems I may have using MythTV with this database system?  If not, I don't see any reason why I need to switch it back to MySQL...
-RayRay-