[mythtv-users] Can't get HD TV channels working

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 21:41:14 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'm running mythbuntu and recently got a PCTV 292e stick to go along
side my 2 SD USB Tuners.

The backend couldn't originally find the PCTV 292e stick because my
kernel was too old. However, I've just updated that tonight.

The USB tuner is not showing up in the backend setup, but I can't get it
to find any channels.

I'm in the UK and trying to get the Freeview channels.

Let em know if I'm missing something ...
I've got all 3 capture cards set up as type "DVB-T/S/C, ATSC or ISDB=T
tuner card"
I've made a second video source, so there's now one for SD channels and
one for HD. Both simply EIT.
In Input connections, the 2 SD cards are connected to the SD video
source. The new tuner is connected to the HD video source.
The SD channels are still scanning fine (I have to edit transports a
bit, but no big problem).
However, doing a full scan with the HD video source produces no results
at all! The signal strength says "0%" throughout a full scan.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Damian