[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Apr 20 05:15:20 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 4:20 PM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org>
wrote:

> In case the time has come to abandon my attempts at serving MythWeb via
> nginx, I'll need next to start looking into the standard solution of just
> using Apache--as was advised toward the beginning of this thread. Let me
> just tack onto the end of this response, then, a question for fellow Gentoo
> users who might be serving MythWeb via Apache: what flags do I need to set
> when compiling Apache for MythWeb? I would guess, at the least, mysql and
> mysqli, but are there others? Do I need to compile in support for php as
> well?

I'm sorry you couldn't get nginx working. In case you end up going with
apache, here's my config:

$ emerge -p apache php

Calculating dependencies                      ... done!
[ebuild   R   ~] www-servers/apache-2.4.12:2::gentoo  USE="ssl -debug -doc
-ldap (-selinux) -static -suexec -threads" APACHE2_MODULES="alias
auth_basic auth_digest authn_core authn_file authz_core authz_host
authz_owner authz_user autoindex cgi dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir env
filter headers include info log_config mime mime_magic proxy proxy_connect
proxy_ftp proxy_http rewrite setenvif socache_shmcb status unixd
-access_compat -actions -asis -authn_alias -authn_anon -authn_dbd
-authn_dbm -authz_dbd -authz_dbm -authz_groupfile -cache -cache_disk
-cern_meta -cgid -charset_lite -dbd -dumpio -expires -ext_filter
-file_cache -ident -imagemap -lbmethod_bybusyness -lbmethod_byrequests
-lbmethod_bytraffic -lbmethod_heartbeat -log_forensic -logio -negotiation
-proxy_ajp -proxy_balancer -proxy_fcgi -proxy_scgi -proxy_wstunnel
-ratelimit -remoteip -reqtimeout -slotmem_shm -speling -substitute
-unique_id -userdir -usertrack -version -vhost_alias" APACHE2_MPMS="prefork
-event -peruser -worker" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] dev-lang/php-5.5.24:5.5::gentoo  USE="apache2 berkdb bzip2
calendar cli crypt ctype curl exif fileinfo filter gd gdbm hash iconv ipv6
json mysql mysqli nls opcache phar posix readline session simplexml ssl
tokenizer unicode xml zip zlib -bcmath -cdb -cgi -cjk -debug -embed
-enchant (-firebird) -flatfile -fpm (-frontbase) -ftp -gmp -imap -inifile
-intl -iodbc -kerberos -ldap -ldap-sasl -libedit -libmysqlclient -mhash
-mssql -oci8-instant-client -odbc -pcntl -pdo -postgres -qdbm -recode
(-selinux) -sharedmem -snmp -soap -sockets -spell -sqlite (-sybase-ct)
-systemd -sysvipc -threads -tidy -truetype -vpx -wddx -xmlreader -xmlrpc
-xmlwriter -xpm -xslt" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

I have no idea if the prefork MPM is the "best" one for this application,
but it seems to work fine for me. The speed is fast enough I guess.

Karl