[mythtv-users] MythVideo - IDX and SUB subtitles

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 21:00:21 UTC 2015

>>> I have some AVI videos with IDX and SUB subtitle files. Is it possible
to play the AVI file and get it to display these subtitles in MythVideo?

>> I don't know about IDX files, but SUB's work fine. You just have to make
sure that the file name is that same as the video file (apart from the
extension). And then play the video. Bring up the OSD (I can't remember
whether it's with the M or the I key), and then find subtitles in the
menu's.

> That's exactly what I've done but the subtitles don't display in
MythVideo. The file are:

> S04E08.avi
> S04E08.sub

I've converted my SUB format subtitles to SRT and subtitles are working
now. I used some free software called SubTitle Edit.