[mythtv-users] New install Hdhomerun Prime Fetch listings Issues

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 19:43:05 UTC 2015

-snip-

> Yes I have seen those instructions and followed them, when on the sources
> and entering my user details it retrieves the lines for cable, that all
> appears to work.  If I manually create the channels for the source and then
> run mythfill... it then populates the channel listing information for that
> channel.  The only thing that I can't accomplish is when you say fetch
> channel listings to populate the channel id's, since its tied to the cable
> card you cannot do a scan but its supposed to populate the channels listing
> then populate the listings.
>
> Something ive missed or a bug since my other setup uses mythbuntu and it
> worked the way it was supposed to, created the channel id's when I hit
> fetch, this version does not appear to be working.

Replying back to myself to maybe save someone else some trouble.  I was
trying to fetch the listings for a HDhomerun Prime that did not have a
cable card in it, I thought it should just get the information from SD.  I
was building this unit for a friend and just trying to get things lined up
but it would not pull the information, it was either the fact that the
prime unit was not activated or my lab network which, but when I moved it
to the network with my active prime unit and added it to the mix, I was
able to pull my listings and create the channels.

If anyone really knows how that piece of the code is supposed to work, like
when your prime unit doesn't have a CC in it, would be interesting to know.

Thanks