[mythtv-users] New install Hdhomerun Prime Fetch listings Issues

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:21:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca>
wrote:

> At 9:47 AM -0500 4/19/15, Tom Bishop wrote:
>
>> Wasn't sure where the best place to start but I thought here might be.  I
>> use to be a long time user and left and recently came back. I have one
>> system up and running and trying to help a friend get there system up and
>> running.
>>
>> I have a clean install using the packages that are currently available to
>> ubuntu, basically just trying to set a backend up and for the most part all
>> of that appears to go fine.  The problem is when I try to fetch the channel
>> listings from SD they do not populate any channels, I have removed all
>> video sources, capture cards etc multiple time but for the life of me I
>> just can't get it to pull the channel listings into the Input connections.
>>
>> I basically have 2 sources one for Antenna and one for Cable, I scan for
>> OTA and it populates but I can never get the channels added from fetch from
>> SD.  If I manually create a channel and run a mythfilldatabase then it
>> populates the information, but I really don't want to do that for a
>> bizillion channels.
>>
>> When I run mythfilldatabase the message states "No channels are
>> configured to use grabber." which says I have not assigned it but I have
>> the source referenced in the input connections setting.
>>
>> This is the version that I am running - Version:
>> 2:0.27.0+fixes.20140324.8ee257c-0ubuntu3
>>
>> Anyone has any suggestions of what next to try would be great.
>>

> On SchedulesDirect, have you added the lineups for OTA and cable in your
> zip?
>
> Craig
>
> Yup, mutiple times, I only have the cable listings in there now but they
show up, like I mentioned when I manually create some channels the data
from SD gets populated.

But for the life of me they do not want to get created by fetching them
from the input connections. :(

I know I can dump my channels from my database and re-create but I d like
to know why its not working.