[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 19:15:26 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 13, 2015 10:36 PM, "Bill Meek" <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > Unfortunately (for others), I run 0.28-pre and record nearly everything
>> in
>> > HD. And that works both with HLS and VLC. Between 0.28-pre, 0.27, SD
>> and HD,
>> > there are (obviously) 8 test cases. 3 are failing and in 2 of those
>> cases,
>> > mythtranscode is dropping 10's of thousands of "Audio stream changed"
>> errors.
>>
>> Good news:
>> Today I bisected the 0.27 transcode errors. It's a compound problem
>> caused by two commits pre-0.27.4.
>>

>> What commits where they?  I'm having this same error and all my HLS
> transcodes are failing to playback because of this?  Have you "fixed" this
> issue?  Is there a trac ticket for this?

See https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12430

The commits touch ProcessAudioPacket and SetupAudioStream in
avformatdecoder.cpp. The transcode log is full of "Audio stream changed"
because ctx->channels = 6 and audioOut.channels = 2. That's about as far as
I could get, I'm not a coder.

Looking at the history of avformatdecoder.cpp in master could lead to some
fixes:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp
I tried 3.154.07d4b2c + 77fc304 + f6bddc18 but got garbled audio,
eliminating the second problem.