[mythtv-users] Frontend Service API change in 0.28

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Apr 18 04:12:59 UTC 2015

> On Apr 17, 2015, at 10:53 PM, dennis <deg at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> I upgraded my family room mythbox to 0.28 and noticed that some of the frontend service APIs now require data to be posted.      For example,  I could send a message to the frontend previously from a browser:
>
> http://10.0.0.101:6547/Frontend/SendMessage?Message=Shut+It+Off+and+go+to+bed ( I actually have a bookmark for this )
>
> Is there an easy way to execute the services directly from a browser, now that the information must be posted to the web service?   Any idea why this changed?

It changed to be properly RESTy - GET requests are for reading data, all else is POST, UPDATE, or DELETE. You could create a web page with a bunch of forms that have no input fields but buttons that post to URLs like the one above. With jQuery you could get fancier, depends on your idea of easy, but anyway forms are the browser way to do post requests.

- George