[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri Apr 17 16:55:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015, George Nassas wrote:

> I took a look at the versions to make sure it wasn’t a case of seeming
> like one version of php was in use while another one was actually
> running. Looks good.

Reading about installing an older version of php under Gentoo, I duly
noted the "eselect" process that needed to be run afterward that allows
selection between installed versions. So I know I am running the 5.4.39
version here. I thought about just removing the 5.5 version but did not
take action on that yet.

> You could try it, either by changing the fastcgi server parameter in the
> nginx config or by rerunning that test.php with the server changed:
>
> <?php
>    mysql_connect('127.0.0.1', 'mythtv', 'mythtv') or die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
>    mysql_select_db('mythconverg') or die('Could not select database');
>    $row = mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("select count(*) num from recorded"));
>    echo $row["num"] . " recordings.";
> ?>

Ok. When I replace the former text in test.php with the text you've given
above, then run "curl http://locahost/test.php" I get:

12 recordings

Seems like it's communicating with the database, no? I do not currently
have 12 recordings on this machine, which I'm still testing. I've probably
recorded 12 programs thus far, and may have 12 upcoming programs slated
for recording. But isn't the fact that curl'ing that page returns some
data, significant?

> I also added some output for a successful run. I tried screwing up the
> credentials on my running mythweb instance but it failed in the “right”
> way - I got all sorts of output telling me my db config was screwed up
> etc. so the fact that yours is running through that code without
> complaint and then failing later on makes me wonder. It could be that
> something subtle has changed in php or you don’t have some php.ini
> setting the way mythweb wants and the database handle isn’t being saved
> as intended. I’ll look through the code for some place to put helpful
> logging and post back later.

The one thing that jumped out at me when looking over the output of
info.php was lines like "--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock"
and similar. Does that mean mean this version of php was compiled to
communicate with mysql using a particular socket? I'm not knowledgeable
enough to know whether that has any significance to my issue, but it was
something I made note of and wondered about. I'll look over php.ini again
to see whether, despite my lack of conversance in this matter, I note
anything else there.

> No probs. If that info.php file is still in the mythweb directory you
> could try browsing to it from a computer on your network, I think the
> remote access problem is also solved and that would demonstrate it.

No remote access so far. When I enter the machine's IP followed by
/mythweb/test.php or simply /test.php, into the address field of a browser
running on another computer located on my LAN, the browser just sits
attempting to load the page but never succeeding. So, something's not
configured correctly for remote access.