[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Apr 15 23:11:16 UTC 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, George Nassas wrote:

> You can use "ps aux | grep fpm" to make sure there are fpm processes and
> that’s not your problem. After that I’d find out where they’re
> listening. On Debian there’s a /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d directory with files
> for each kind of listener - you can have different php processes for
> different applications. On Gentoo there’s probably an fpm directory
> somewhere under /etc with .conf files and one of them has a "listen =“
> directive telling php-fpm where to accept connections. nginx thinks it’s
> /run/php-fpm.socket but fpm either isn’t running or is listening
> somewhere else. fpm’s listen and nginx’s fastcgi_pass have to match up,
> it’s probably best to change nginx to match whatever fpm wants to use
> but I doubt it makes a huge difference.

Yeah, grep'ping for fpm shows processes. So that seems in order. On
Gentoo, under /etc/php/fpm-php5.4, there are .conf files. Not finding any
pool sub-directory there, though. Not sure where else to look, or what the
absence of such indicates--if anything.

Here's what I get when I grep /etc/php/fpm-php/php-fpm.conf for the word
"listen":

mymachine ~ # grep "listen" /etc/php/fpm-php5.4/php-fpm.conf
; Multiple pools of child processes may be started with different listening
; - 'listen' (unixsocket)
;   'ip.add.re.ss:port'    - to listen on a TCP socket to a specific address on
;   'port'                 - to listen on a TCP socket to all addresses on a
;   '/path/to/unix/socket' - to listen on a unix socket.
listen = 127.0.0.1:9000
; Set listen(2) backlog. A value of '-1' means unlimited.
;listen.backlog = -1
; PHP FCGI (5.2.2+). Makes sense only with a tcp listening socket. Each address
listen.allowed_clients = 127.0.0.1
;listen.owner = nobody
;listen.group = nobody
;listen.mode = 0666
listen.owner = nginx
listen.group = nginx
listen.mode = 0666

(The file has obviously been edited to some degree by me) So, would
changing /etc/nginx/nginx.conf's

fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php-fpm.socket;

line to

fastcgi_pass unix:127.0.0.1:9000;

work? Can't say I understand this whole sockets thing very well.

> People knowledgeable in Gentoo would probably have details on where it keeps those fpm config

Hear, hear. Speaking of which, here's a possibly relevant thread I found
on the Gentoo forums:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-953166-start-0.html The poster
mentions creating his own socket/file: is that how this is to be handled
under Gentoo? Did you undertake such a process on your Debian system,
George? Thanks