[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Apr 15 18:31:50 UTC 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, George Nassas wrote:

> I was going to start by saying “you don’t have the php mysql pdo
> bindings & library installed” and tell how to do that but it looks like
> mythweb uses the old mysql bindings so you have to make things work with
> them. However, according to https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mysql_deprecation
> they’re deprecated in php 5.5. At the bottom of that page it explains
> how you can suppress deprecation warnings by putting "error_reporting =
> E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED” into php.ini. It’s hacky and all-encompasing but
> will work.

I tried this and restarted php and nginx, but the same errors resulted
afterward on running the curl command.

> I’m curious what other gentoo users do. My debian stable setup uses php
> 5.4 so I’m safe until jessie arrives. You could try downgrading php to
> 5.4 instead of that error_reporting thing above.

Ok. I discovered I can downgrade to 5.4.39, which I've done. Now, when I
do either "curl http://localhost" or "curl http://localhost/test.php" I
get "Bad Gateway" html code, as follows:

<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>

> I think you should comment out the nginx.conf lines mentioning
> auth_basic and auth_basic_user_file otherwise nginx thinks you want
> passwords but forgot to supply any.

I don't find any lines in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf containing either
auth_basic or auth_basic_user. Is there some other config file I should be
looking in? Or is this an indication things are already configured to
function without credentials?

> I would leave the fastcgi_param hostname as it is, the fact that php-fpm
> is receiving code and attempting to execute it means your config is
> good.

Ok. I changed it back to mythtv.cardoe.com, as it was in the original
configuration file.

> Your problem is talking to mysql which at first seemed to be due to
> credentials or permissions but now looks like the geriatric mythweb
> code. I’m confused why mythweb didn’t die with a deprecated function
> error but in any case whatever is wrong is between php and mysql. That
> connect / select snippet was an attempt to isolate the failing line but
> was inconclusive. If you downgrade and still can’t connect I’d try that
> original php test thing again.

I tried it, as mentioned above. But I guess it's still "failing to
connect" if by that we mean connect to the database. Correct? Thanks.