[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 02:54:09 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am really trying to make the experience seamless. Unfortunately, Android
> doesn't natively support mpg2

Well, technically, Android supports what the vendor has licensed,
coded, and enabled (and, of course, have placed in media_codecs.xml
so that apps are aware of the support.  There are some vendors that
have licensed and enabled mpeg2, although I would agree, that is
somewhat rare at this time (I believe that the ADT-1 enabled mpeg2,
as an example, and rumor is that the shield did too, although the
NP did not.  Also I believe the N7 2013 has mpeg2 enabled with
lollipop).