[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:12:39 UTC 2015

> For Streaming, make sure your backend is configured with the correct
> streaming configuration.  You need a Streaming Storage Group setup.  The
> progress indicator with run indeterminately until your backend has reported
> some progress on the HLS transcode. If you are not receiving and update,
> then check your backend, it probably isn't running the HLS transcode or it
> failed for some reason.  Look in your logs.
>
> When I read this I realised that I don't have a storage group called
"Streaming" so I thought I would go into mythtv-setup and create one.
Problem is that the list of storage groups is fixed and you can't add a new
one and call it "Streaming" (list is Default, LiveTV, DB Backups, Videos,
Trailers, Cover Art, Fan Art, Screenshots, Banners).

So how do you create a storage group called "Streaming"?