[mythtv-users] H265 support

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sat Apr 11 15:12:56 UTC 2015

On 11 Apr 2015, at 16:06, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2015, at 14:59, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
>>> There are several Demo Channel satellite transmissions in Europe, two on 19E for the German market, one on Hotbird and recently one on 28E for the UK market, all but one of these are FTA. The encrypted one is used by Sky Germany, and is encrypted with a version of NDS3 so that one at least is unlikely to ever be able to work with MythTV.
>>
>> Can you let me know which transponder these are on and the tuning
>> information please?
>
> No problem.
>
> Astra 1 19E Sky Germany Encrypted
> 11406Mhz Vertical 8PSK FEC 2/3 22Ms/s
> Channel information varies, different each event broadcast, this was FTA until last October at which moment the next channel appeared.
>

> Astra 1 19E Astra Ultra HD Demo unencrypted
> 10993Mhz Horizontal 8PSK FEC 5/6 22Ms/s
> Channel 1 video pid 110 hevc 10bit, audio pid 120 ac3+
> Channel 2 video pid 210 hevc 10bit, audio pid 220 aac
>
> These two channels are the same video stream with different PAT entries, different audio, something to do with STB compatibility I’m told. This one carried the live Linkin Park concert for Samsung last autumn, I did notice they tested in 10bit and an hour before the show switched to 8bit, h’mm.
>
> Hotbird 13E Hotbird 4k Test unencrypted
> 10930Mhz Horizontal 8PSK FEC 2/3 30Ms/s
> Channel 1 video pid 257 hevc 8bit, audio pid 258 aac
> This one has other HD & SD channels in the same mux, that’s brave!
>
> Astra 2 28E Astra Ultra HD test unencrypted
> 12441Mhz Vertical QPSK FEC 3/4 29.5Ms/s
> Channel 7400 video pid 210 hevc 10 bit, audio pid 220 aac
>
> There used to be an EBU transmission on 10W but that was h264 four quadrant, 4x1080p50 h264 streams, combine them to make a UHD picture.
> Well according to kingofsat.net there’s now a h265 version
>
> Eutelsat 10E Eutelsat Ultra HD
> 11428Mhz Vertical 8PSK FEC 5/6 30Ms/s
> Channel 1 video pid 257 hevc audio pid 258 aac
>
> Don’t know much about this one as I have only occasional access to Eutelsat 10, I need a good excuse to get someone to swing a 6m dish!

Oh and almost forgot:

The bitrates vary but 25 to 35Mbps is common for actual events and the demo loops. Testing occurs at anything from 15Mbps to 40Mbps with massively varying encoding styles.

ffmpeg has been able to decode all these transmissions for about 18 months, at least one of the other open source PVR projects can record the transmissions.

Andre