[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase Not Working?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:13:35 UTC 2015

On 4/11/15 12:49 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Stephen Baker
> <stephen at wildwood.baker.org> wrote:
>> To address the longer
>> delay between successive runs I have added '--refresh 1-2' to the automated
>> run command string.
> Unless you are running a pitifully under powered system of components
> built 10 years ago (or recent ARM SoCs, which have about the same
> capability) you should always use '--dd-grab-all' as the argument.  Only
> if your system falls over from exhaustion (of swap space, or tmp space,
> or something else) should one consider falling back to the day by day
> refresh options.  You can read the list archives for the discussions.

With no due respect, I've successfully run MythTV BE on decade old
technology and did quite well, thank you.
The error is either in configuration or software allocation.
With one decade old hardware, it'd take time, not error out, assuming
4-8 gigs of RAM and obviously enough hard drive space.
So, are all packages necessary to perform the task present?
Are they properly authenticated?
Is any permissions lacking to the process accessing what it requires?
Is process timing an issue, where a linked process begins before the
parent process has gracefully exited?

I could go on, but I'll admit, I'm new to the thread, after deleting it
previously, courtesy of a rather task rich life environment currently.
But, I've actually managed to get a CuBox to properly process MythTV,
within reason for its sparse processes.
Regrettably, the software environment changed and I've lacked time to
dedicate myself to that task again. Hopefully, in a few months, I'll
manage it.
I only deleted it out of hand due to the rather common topic, which has
now turned interesting.
If time allows tomorrow, I'll go to the archive, I hold little hope for
that, I'm moving an office of servers.
Failing that, I'll accept what the current thread offers in background.
However, I did use 15 year old workstation hardware as my initial FE,
only four years ago.
Migrating from 0.25 to 0.27 along the way.