[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 03:41:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>
> Saturday, April 11, 2015, 4:20:30 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Hoi Hika,
>
> > Saturday, April 11, 2015, 1:57:37 AM, you wrote:
>
> >> Hoi Daryl,

> keyboards.
> tablets, but
> you
> should be
> realize
> that is
> they can
> same

> need an
> bluetooth

> with
> you
> you

> any

> top
> TV when
> system can
> radio
> keyboard
> sound
> but

> my
> I can
>
> >> No, that's a different thing. It only shares with wifi, that it's
> >> radio waves, so the principle of selecting a channel within the
> >> frequency band. I only on occasion use bluetooth to synchronize my
> >> phone, so I'm not really up to speed in the details. I'm checking now
> >> what I can find.
>

> >> Tot mails,
> >>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> > I did some further reading and I made a wrong assumption based on what
> > I know about wifi. bluetooth doesn't stay on one channel but hops over
> > the 79 channels at 1600 hops per second. The higher protocol versions
> > thereby prefer the channels with less interference. So normally
> > interference shouldn't be a problem. And as far as I can find the same
> > goes for the RF dongles. So one dongle in stead of two should be
> > better. Also I found that Bluetooth in general suffers more from
> > interference then the RF based mice and keyboards. Third I found that
> > a close by USB-3 cable often gives interference on Bluetooth. So if
> > your mouse/keyboard dongle was in a usb-3 port?? It could be it wasn't
> > the dongle but the usb.
>
> I was thinking. What happens to interference if you connect your
> bleutooth dongle through a cable, placing it about 1,5 m away from the
> computer and the RF dongle?
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Hoi Hika, you genius never ceases to amaze me! With a 15m usb extension I
have found clear sound away from the clutter of the tower etal. Thank-you.
Now I just need to figure how to configure my asoundrc directory, but that
should be a new thread, I think.  Many thanks to all, this list rules!
Daryl