[mythtv-users] What triggers a refresh when using video "Browse Filesystem" mode?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 23:51:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In any case, Jim was 100% correct regarding the refresh in Browse
> Filesystem mode.  I apparently was just going back in too quickly.  If
> you exit the Watch Videos screen for three seconds or more it re-reads
> the directories.  That one had me going for ages.
>
> I think this "reuse within 3 seconds" behavior deserves some sort of
discoverable notification when it happens.  A pop-up is probably too
awkward, but adding a message to the logs is usually OK.

Tom, were you looking through the mythfrontend logs for clues?  I.e., if we
assume you're a typical motivated user, and mythfrontend had described its
use of the 3-second rule in the log output, would you have noticed and
figured it out?

Jim