[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:03:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I'm considering is a  keyboard with a built-in trackpad, that is
> bluetooth, so back to the original question, it sounds like they can be
> configured simultaneously, so what I'd like clarification for is
> simultaneous use without interference? One would think that the same
> protocol would allow for such.

The advantage of bluetooth keyboards / mice is that they don't need an
additional dongle - either built-in bluetooth, or a single bluetooth
dongle, can be used, and it will handle additional accessories.

The disadvantage (if this still is the case, I haven't played with
modern BIOSes) is that the BIOS won't recognise the keyboard, so you
need to be able to boot without a keyboard, and have a spare if you
want to modify the BIOS settings.

Also, at least for earlier devices, the dedicated RF dongle had a
slightly better range than bluetooth (once again, I don't have any
recent data).

HTH,
Alistair