[mythtv-users] What triggers a refresh when using video "Browse Filesystem" mode?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 21:40:56 UTC 2015

Hoi Tom,

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this answers your question, but when you leave the "Watch
>> Videos" environment, the state is kept around, and reused if you reenter
>> "Watch Videos" within 3 seconds.  So if you pop back out to the main menu,
>> wait more than 3 seconds, and then return to "Watch Videos", you may see the
>> new file system content.
>>
>> See VideoListDeathDelay::VideoListDeathDelay() in
>> programs/mythfrontend/videodlg.cpp where a 3000ms timer is set.
>>
>> I don't know of a way to force a refresh from within the "Watch Videos"
>> environment.
>>
>> Jim

> Ahh...I think that may answer the question.  It may have just depended
> on how quickly I got back in there.

> As far as Hika's reply, I'm actually not even familiar with the
> concept of adding directories to a "video group", but I don't think
> that applies in Browse Filesystem mode(??).

> Thanks!
> Tom

In mythtv-setup on your backend you have the storagegroups. One of
them is named 'Video' any directory including its subdirectories are
automatically seen by the Videoroutine. Here you can also add
storagegroups for recording and add multiple directories to existing
groups.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven