[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.2 available to all on Google Play Store

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:57:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:27 AM Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question (sorry). I have JW Player installed so HLS should be
> working. What's supposed to happen when you press Queue HLS text button?
> When I press it the text button disappears and nothing much happens and
> then it reappears after about a minute. How do you play the stream from
> here?

Phil,

I did some testing with the external player.  I currently use VLC.  What I
have found is that VLC will not allow me to skip forward and back in my
recordings. However, it works fine on mkv blueray rips and other videos.
My recordings lately are all .ts files.  I am not sure if that is a
restriction VLC has on that file type or not, but I doubt it. Also,
skipping forward and back works completely on an HLS stream, once its been
100% transcoded.  When I try to skip while watching a stream that is not
100%, it doesn't skip at all.

We just found a bug last night when queuing HLS on mythtv 0.27 backends
that it is not sending the recording start time in the correct format.  It
is priority number one.

https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythtvPlayerForAndroid/issues/37

This process changed in v0.28 where it is accepting the recordedid instead
of the channel id and start time to add a HTTP Live Stream job.

As a work around, you can go to http://[your backend ip]:6544 and queue the
job. It will end up in the app. Live Streams sync pretty quickly, every
minute or so while the app is running.  Otherwise, use the external player.
I should have it fixed sometime today or this evening and pushed to the
store.  I am on v0.28, so I have to rely on others to find these bugs.

Dan