[mythtv-users] New tuners don't auto-switch the DVBT2 - do I need 0.28?

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 12:27:35 UTC 2015

On 07/04/2015 17:53, Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article <55227263.9000701 at prolingua.co.uk>, David Matthews wrote:
>> I've back-ported the scanning patch to my fixes-0.27 branch
>> on github (https://github.com/dcjm/mythtv) so you can find it there if
>> you want to try it.
>
> OK, this built from source fine, but ...
>
> Your mythtv-setup works fine.
> Your mythtvfrontend works with the "stock" backend
> Your mythtvbackend initially seems OK, and the front end (stock or yours)
> will report they are connected, but then give a "The response to
> MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty." error and run like a dog.
>
> I've built with a -prefix on configure of /home/mythtvuser/localmyth and
> I'm starting the backend with
>
> sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mythtvuser/localmyth/lib bin/mythbackend --
> syslog local7 --user mythtv --daemon
>
> I guess the backend is getting some bad config from somewhere, but I'm
> not really have devs usually run these things without doing a "make
> install".

I've been running that version successfully for several months.  Of
course, that doesn't mean there isn't a bug!  It's possible that one of
the other fixes from the fixes-0.27 branch is causing a problem.  If
you've got time it might be worth trying a version of myth without my
patch, then apply the patch to it and see whether that is what is
causing the error.

David