[mythtv-users] Issue with accents in titles and descriptions: Myth or Schedules Direct?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:41:27 UTC 2015

Hoi Michael,

> On 04/07/2015 02:33 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Regardless, if you're seeing something about nl_US, then you have that
>> set somewhere.

> And I think I can go so far as to say, "in LANG."

> Mike

No somewhere, and I have no clue where, US is hardcoded. I never set
it anywhere and all my systems, 5 or so, show the same behavior. It
could be a qt, a gentoo or a mythtv thing. To name the three least
unlikely candidates. But it seems utf-8 is used anyway, but what
flavor??
I can try to set it to some other European flavor like BE, but I
suspect it then will show up as be_US, although Belgium could be nl_BE
and fr_BE. I by the way tried if simlinking nl to nl_US in
/usr/share/locale would change the error. None.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop