[mythtv-users] Issue with accents in titles and descriptions: Myth or Schedules Direct?

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Mon Apr 6 19:07:19 UTC 2015

> Message: 23
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 14:14:56 -0400
> From: Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Issue with accents in titles and
> descriptions:
> 	Myth	or Schedules Direct?
>
> Noticed an issue with accents in some shows and descriptions in the
> program
> grid. As I was scrolling through the listings, both on the TV and
> through
> Mythweb, I saw this show title:
>
> Justice for All With Judge Cristina P??rez
>
> on Zap2it it shows as Justice for All With Judge Cristina P?rez.
>
> I've noticed the same ?? issue on French Canadian shows. Just
> wondering if
> it's a Myth issue or possibly how it's being received from Schedules
> Direct.
Hi Ian,

I never noticed issues with character distorion throughout my usage of
MythTV.
Primarily I can speak of german Umlauts, additionally there may have
been some shows I recorded in the past that had french diacritic
characters. For any other cultural specific charset I can give no
information.

There were two exceptions though:
- mythexport script (solved with additional python argument)
- mythstatus script (maybe same as above, but low prio for me)

But those are other stories than you wondered about.

Regards,
Nicolas