[mythtv-users] Can I delete videometadata table?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 07:17:07 UTC 2015

When I use a DLNA client to play videos from my Mythbackend server, I see a
whole load of videos that don't exist any more and some duplicate entries.

For some rows, the "host" column in videometadata contains a hostname for
what the machine used to be called some years and it's been through 2
replacements since. Also, I've just done another upgrade and renamed the
machine so the "host" columns against some of the other videos are
incorrect.

In order to clean this up can I just delete all the rows in
the videometadata table and then scan again?

P.S. When building my nwe Mythbackend recently I did follow the
instructions at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration#Retiring_an_old_backend