[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Wed Apr 1 13:43:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015, 2:05 AM Simon Paterson <simon.paterson.nz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 01/04/15 08:19, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>
>      MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>>>

>  Actually that helps a lot. I was able to get past that previously, but
> ran into an issue where the live environment would fail to finish loading
> and complained that the NTFS partition was either not-consistent or was
> hibernated. I haven't worked on that though since I thought the up-arrow
> would persist (I wanted to fix that first). Since it's not, I'll take
> another run at it when I get home.
>

>   Have you disabled 'fast startup' Window 8 ? It it a 'feature', enabled
> by default, where upon shutdown, it instead just hibernates. Your favourite
> search engine should provide a better explanation, and how to disable it.
>
> Regards,
> Simon

Yes, I just found out about that last night. Unfortunately 2 steps forward
and 1 step back. Had a pwconv error, fixed that by adding nomodeset, then I
ran into what appears to either be a driver issue or a systemd issue (was
trying 15.04). Tried 14.04.2 and ran into that pwconv error again, but
nomodeset isn't fixing it this time.