[mythtv-users] Upgrade Mythbuntu and stay on .26

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Tue Sep 30 12:36:09 UTC 2014

> ..., but the 12.04 to 14.04 one
> rather more difficult - I am still working on some niggling issues.

As it happened I did the upgrade yesterday from 12.04 to 14.04. I only
needed to take care of my manual changes in /etc/. Everything else went
without problems.

The only odd thing was that mythfilldatabase stopped working 3 or 4 days
ago. The update overwrote the manually installed newer version of xmltv
with an older version, in which the atlas grabber is not working. After
installing the latest version everything is back to normal. Why it
stopped working 3 or 4 days ago and not yesterday remains a mystery though.