[mythtv-users] UK: tv_grab_uk_atlas swap over fail!

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Sep 30 10:45:19 UTC 2014

I thought it was time I got around to swapping over from tv_grab_uk_rt
to tv_grab_uk_atlas. All seemed to go well, nice easy set up, except
it doesn't work :-( and I cannot figure what I've done wrong.

I registered and obtained an API key, and ran

  tv_grab_uk_atlas --configure

That produced $HOME/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_atlas.conf with the new
mysterious four letter channel ids.

After that, running

  tv_grab_uk_atlas --quiet

seems to download the channel info. It also seems to pull down
the file
.xmltv/supplement/tv_grab_uk_atlas/tv_grab_uk_atlas.map.channel.conf
so that it can translate the four letter ids to something like
the old ones, and the downloaded channel data does seem to mention
old style ids. I noticed that some of these were slightly different:
e.g., channel4.co.uk is now channel4.com, so I updated my mythconverg
channels table with the new values.

I then use the script below to fetch:

#!/bin/bash

TEMPFILE=/tmp/mythfill$$
tv_grab_uk_atlas --quiet > $TEMPFILE
mythfilldatabase --update --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile $TEMPFILE
mythfilldatabase --update --file --sourceid 2 --xmlfile $TEMPFILE
mythfilldatabase --update --file --sourceid 3 --xmlfile $TEMPFILE
rm $TEMPFILE

but I get no new data and I have only 11 days worth, which I assume
is from the last successful tv_grab_uk_rt fetch.

I see in the output loads of

"Unknown xmltv channel identifier:" even from ones that are clearly
in myth's channel table. What am I doing wrong? Is there somewhere
else myth keeps a list of these channels and checks against them?
I no longer have a Freeview.xmltv file, but I assume that file's
job is taken over by tv_grab_uk_atlas.conf.

Very confused.

Cheers,
	Paul.