[mythtv-users] Intel NUC DN2820FYKH frontend build

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Tue Sep 30 08:09:19 UTC 2014

---- On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 02:33:43 +0100 Mike Rice<mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 3:33 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:

thanks for the review too. I'm also interested about the IR being kept alive for suspend/halt. While i'm not 100% sure, I beleive the IR is USB based, so I presume you'd need to enable the resume/keep alive rules for that usb device and it'll work. This is the only bit thats kept me from buying the celeron NUC - just lack of time to research it enough to be sure.

I didn't do anything special and the MCE remote turns it on from completely off or suspend.

To OP: i presume your running hardware acceleration for decoding, to get those CPU loads (VAAPI/VDPAU? - i forget which the intel GPUs use). Any idea if the celeron NUC has the 24fps bug that the earlier NUCs had?

Yes, I was using the VAAPI profile in my testing.

I've heard that this NUC doesn't have the 24fps problem but I don't really know how to test it.  If someone wants to tell me how exactly I'll test it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176924&pid=1540615#pid1540615 - seems like there's just a dropped frame glitch every so often, but I know that would be something I'd notice it and would bug the hell out of me :)
I couldn't find anything about the celeron NUC haivn gthe 24fps (neither confirm/deny), but i did find out that the latest NUCs (refresh 4th gen i3/i5's?) did have the issue resolved.