[mythtv-users] the right way to do tuner priority?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 29 17:04:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 09:06 -0700, Karl Newman wrote:
> I know you already found the root of your issue but I wanted to mention
> that the powerpriority rules match against *program* entries, so you
> wouldn't use CURDATE(), you'd use starttime (or possibly program.starttime
> if it's ambiguous). And since all the mythtv times are in UTC, you'd use
> CONVERT_TZ(starttime,'UTC','SYSTEM').

Ahhh.  Thanks!

> So your full powerpriority
> selectclause would look something like this:
>
> channel.callsign = 'WWNY' AND
> DAYOFWEEK(CONVERT_TZ(starttime,'UTC','SYSTEM')) = 1 AND
> HOUR(CONVERT_TZ(starttime,'UTC','SYSTEM')) BETWEEN 18 AND 23

That produces an error when I try to "Test" it.  But this also produces
an error:

$ echo 'select CONVERT_TZ(CURDATE(),'UTC','SYSTEM');' | mysql -u mythtv -p**** mythconverg
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'UTC' in 'field list'

Not sure if that's the same error as MythTV is getting because the error
dialog is not very help either.

Cheers,
b.