[mythtv-users] DB Tuning (Was: Replace backend 3.5 system disk with 2 2.5 raid1?)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 16:33:29 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
,,,,,
> [!!] Joins performed without indexes: 105012
> NB - some of the things you can't really fix. ....
>  Non-indexed joins are a matter of coding - so short of diving into the code to find out what's doing them there isn't anything you can do about them.

An "explain" on the query can provide the reasons.
Sometimes it is actually because one has not
periodically run analyze on the tables to update the
statistics (and the optimizer decides a full scan
is appropriate).  Which might suggest you are
not running the optimize_mythdb.pl script
(or doing the equivalent) on a periodic basis as
suggested.

On my production instance, the number of joins
performed without an index is 0.