[mythtv-users] Second audio track for Mythbrake

zag FP zagor.fp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:45:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

So far Mythbrake 1.3b (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbrake) is the only
transcoding script I could make work on the latest mythtv 0.27 and I was
especially thrilled by the multi audio feature, which was not present in my
old favourite mythnuv2mkv (which btw is not working on 0.27, for me at
least).

I have recordings with two languages: the first is in Italian, the second
is original language, most often English.

mediainfo gives "Italian" as a language for the first track, but nothing
for the second.

Excerpt from mediainfo below:

--------------
zagor at yumi:~$ mediainfo --Language
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/18722_20140911200600.mpg > mediainfo.txt

General
[...]
Video
[..]

Audio #1
ID                                       : 400 (0x190)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Codec ID                                 : 4
Duration                                 : 4mn 3s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 256 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -1s 13ms
Stream size                              : 7.42 MiB (8%)
Language                                 : Italian

Audio #2
ID                                       : 401 (0x191)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Codec ID                                 : 4
Duration                                 : 4mn 3s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 256 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -972ms
Stream size                              : 7.42 MiB (8%)

Text #1
ID                                       : 470 (0x1D6)-100
[...]

-------------------

I've tried several settings with different results:

lang_1="Italian"
lang_2="qaa"

Gives only one language (Italian), same with "quaa" as second language

lang_1="Italian"
lang_2=""

Finds two audio tracks, and encode two tracks, but both are English

lang_1=""
lang_2="Italian"

Gives only one language (Italian)

lang_1=""
lang_2=""

Exits with error "no audio track found"

Any suggestions?

My system:
mythbuntu 10.04 upgraded to 14.04 recently.
Mythtv 0.27

Thanks