[mythtv-users] 23.976 at 25 fps.

John reidjr at lineone.net
Fri Sep 26 15:51:32 UTC 2014

I have just got a nice new 27" monitor, but it only displays ( or at
least reports) 50Hz and 60Hz refresh. Thats fine for watching UK/ US) TV
at 25/30 fps , but bluray rips playing back at 23.976 fps judder
anoyingly. Is there a way to force 25 fps playback and smooth out the
playback. For UK/PAL playback its normal practice  to speed up 24 fps
movies to playback 4% faster for transmission rather than various pull
down algorithms.

The time-stretch option has a 1.1 option but not 1.04 , and I haven't
seen this approach to bluray playback discussed here.

[ My living room TV setup works perfectly with auto frame rate matching
at 24/25/30, this is only a workaround for my new PC monitors limitations]

Suggestions ?