[mythtv-users] Best playback options for X-26Y C1037U based box?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:50:46 UTC 2014

On Monday, September 22, 2014, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> mythbuntu 14.04 frontend) but I'm
> offered VDPAU as well in the playback selection dialog.

Mythtv playback profile page is very dumb. It shows all options, even if
they can't work on that machine. Just the one that the front end got
compiled with.

You can't use vdpau.

> Is there a known good config for this SOC based system?

Vaapi (but then crappy bob de interlacer) or one of the OpenGL playback
profile.

The later looks better, but requires faster cpu.

Should I be looking at deinterlacing options other than bobx2?

You can't when using vaapi