[mythtv-users] Mytharchive

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:59:01 UTC 2014

On 09/24/2014 01:09 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mythizens, my first attempt of archive a recording to
> DVD since ugrading to 14.04 resulted in:
> OSError:[Errno2} No such file or directory: '/dev/dvd"
>
> It would seem that my DVD drive needs some tweeking, I'm open to
> suggestions. It just worked previous.

Probably 2 answers. 1 might be to adjust udev rules to create
symbolic links to /dev/sr0. The 2nd and much easier would be
to go to

     Frontend, Setup->Archive File Settings->Location of DVD

I suspect yours is set to /dev/dvd and you don't have
such a file. But it's likely you do have /dev/sr0

Prove it 1st with:

     ls -l /dev/dvd /dev/sr0

--
Bill