[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Sep 19 20:32:57 UTC 2014

On 19/09/14 01:04 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org
> <mailto:newbury at mandamus.org>> wrote:
>
>     Recording rules (going forward) may use the chanid  if you have any
>     'This Channel' selections. That is effectively, the only place where
>     chanid is a selectable usable choice for the user (even though the
>     actual chanid is never visible to the user).
>

> I believe the recording rules use the callsign, not the chanid or
> channum or xmltvid.

I do not think so, although you may be correct. But since repeat
showings of 'Big Bang Theory' go by on one of the cable channels, about
2 weeks after OTA broadcast, I would notice if every episode showed up
again (because the callsign is different). I'm not sure that it uses any
channel related information in order to determine the 'Previously
Recorded' status.

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury