[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:15:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>>> If you 'Delete All Video Sources' in mythtv-setup you can then (re)create
>>> them in the sd-utility, If you do so in the same order, the chanid's will be
>>> replicated.
>>

>> Hopefully...
>
> There's almost no likelihood that the channids will match.  Channels
> get added and removed by providers all the time.  If you're tracking
> changes in a channel line up over a period of years and wipe it all
> out and reload the current lineup, you can pretty much guarantee that
> the channid assignments will not match what you had previously.
>
> Thankfully, RK is saying that deleting all video sources will likely
> not be necessary for production systems.  That's good and we should
> all just sit tight and not rush into any destructive actions.
>
> Eric

I'd certainly prefer not to have to delete my (single) video source.
I'd think however that at least in my case with a single OTA antenna
source, as long as channel ids didn't already exist, I'm not sure how
they wouldn't get the same channids...given that the ids clearly use,
for example 1041 for 4.1, 1311 for 13.1 etc.

In the case of re-scanning however, what can change is the callsign.
I don't know offhand if the "This channel" rule uses callsign or
channid, but I know for a fact that single record uses callsign, which
on the record table is actually "station".  When I rescanned a few
individual transports some time back I had a few single record rules
break due to the change in callsign, which I was actually able to fix
manually by updating the rules "station" on record to match the
"callsign" of the channel (based on channid).

Tom