[mythtv-users] HD PVR 2 status check, or alternatives

John Baab rhpot1991 at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 19 15:33:21 UTC 2014

I'm generally happy with the video quality from my HD-PVR, other than
the tweaks I had to do to get the color corrected.  Getting it to
record in the first place is the bigger issue.  I wrote a script to
check the power status of the STB and power it on if need be, I don't
think I've missed a recording with it in place.  Prior to the script I
often missed recordings and had to use HBO go then, which isn't a bad
experience on a Samsung TV.  You might want to consider something like
Chromecast which can stream HBO go to your TV at the cost of about
$30.